Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 2 of 24! OPENING UP! Written on Day 3

Paz!
I tried to write yesterday and couldn't... it just wasn't in me. There are so many things that are coming up for me. It's been an emotional roller coaster, really feeling things deep inside, no sweets to comfort them. I went to swimming alone and so I didn't have my brother Sidd there to talk to me and check in on me. I felt alone, and then it hit me that I HAVE TO DO THIS ALONE! The support is awesome, pero I am the only one who can/will make this happen, all of the support from my friends and family is just that... support and an act of love. I have to wake up in the morning and get my physical activity on and choose healthy foods. 
I was full of energy after the swim... did laundry, threaded eyebrows, came home and cooked a nice 
healthy lunch and dinner. Started reading The Alchemist thanks to my sister Rhina who told me I had to read it as it is perfect during transitions in life. I haven't put it down. I got emails.... some from friends with cool phone apps (thanksVero) and others who are going through the same issue as me. 
I have decided that I am going to write on my blog everyday within these 24 days the same way poets take on writing 30 poems in 30 days for Poetry Month. Word. I will write at least one word to describe my feelings. 
I didn't want to take a picture of myself, sooooooo......
I took this picture on my walk out of the gym... it is a semi hill and long ass path to get to the street from the 
gym... the symbolism behind this picture is that I know that in changing my lifestyle, I have chosen a path that is only going uphill and is paved, ready for me. It may be long but it is well worth it.
This second picture is how I felt yesterday.. a prisoner of my emotions, behind the gate, looking out and wanting to have the flow and agility of the Hudson River and the Strength and Power of the George Washington Bridge. I will get there... I am setting up  my foundation right now. 

There is nothing wrong with me! I am beautiful! 


Life is sacred. I hold in my heart all the parts of myself—the infant, the child, the teenager, the young adult, the adult, and my present and future self. My story includes every success and every failure, every error and every truthful insight, and all of it is valuable. I have compassion for me, and I also feel compassion for others. I create a life of acceptance and understanding. - Louise L. Hay 

I <3 me and you,
Tere




No comments:

Post a Comment